Do you or someone you know need a safe place to escape from abuse?
Helping Spirit LODGE is a 10-bed transition house that opened its doors in May 1991. The Transition House is our first stage transition house providing physical and physiological safety in a manner that preserves a dignified cultural relative space and practices for Aboriginal women and their children fleeing abuse or at risk of abuse. This resource was put in place to aid women with emotional and administrative support during a 30 day stay.
THE LODGE can provide you:
Contact THE LODGE
- 24 hour staff on-hand
- A safe place for you and your children
- A home environment
- Support from non-judgmental Aboriginal women
- An educated awareness of family violence prevention
- Referrals to specialized counselors and treatments: sexual abuse, drug and/or alcohol addiction
- A place where your culture will be recognized and respected
You can call Helping Spirit Lodge Society at: 604-872-6649. Please see our Resources
section for other contacts you can use in an emergency or to assist you with transition housing.
We want to gratefully acknowledge our present and past funding partners who have helped us to realize our mission.
Executive Board of Directors
Helping Spirit Lodge Society feels it is important to honor and acknowledge everyone who has contributed to building a safer and healthier community.
|Tasneem Razvi||Vice President|